The Alliance has compiled
a number of resources
available for survivors,
their friends and families,
assisting survivors in
New York City.
Voces Latinas:Coordinator of Women’s Services
Organization: Voces Latinas
January 9, 2013
The Coordinator of Women’s Services is responsible for overseeing all women’s services which include; the Promotora program, VAW case management services, domestic violence support group, women’s workshop series, and monthly forums. Coordinator is also responsible for collecting program data and submitting program reports to Executive Director and funding officers, traveling to grantee meetings. Coordinator will supervise the case management staff and Promotoras.
Salary: $40,000 - 45,000
Specific dutes include:
- Work Closely with Coordinator of Community Services in planning & implementing services
- Coordinate, oversee, and approve weekly workshop series (schedule speakers, prepare/approve topics and workshop materials, promote workshops, etc).
- Carrying a small caseload of DV and sexual assault related cases
- Collaborate with outside DV organizations to coordinate domestic violence support group
- Oversee case management services (supervise case manager, review client charts, attend community meetings to bring resources to the program).
- Assist case management staff in assessing client needs including safety needs and safety planning
- Assist program staff in coordinating services for clients – referrals, follow up, client escort.
- Assess program staff training needs
- Organize forums and annual events and campaigns (Luncheon, NLAAD, DV Awareness, LHTM, etc.)
- Develop and maintain relationships with social service providers
- Coordinate the Promotora training and its evaluation
- Represent Voces Latinas at meetings and forums in an utmost professional manner
- Conduct client intakes and referrals when necessary
- Conduct follow up services with clients when necessary
- Provide presentations in the community, including to providers and clients
- Keep up with latest HIV and VAW information (health/immigration policy, scientific research)
- Complete and submit monthly report to supervisor and funding source
- Collect data from staff and promotoras, review data, and submit for data entry
- Quality Assurance for Case management and outreach
- Provide HIV testing
- Other duties as required
- Master degree or a B.A. in social services related area with 3 years of experience in DV and/or HIV counseling and demonstrated experience in organizing events, forums, managing and supervising staff
- Sensitivity to and expertise with needs and circumstances of women experiencing violence, including domestic violence and sexual assault.
- Experience with individuals living with or at risk for HIV/AIDS or other life threatening illnesses; including issues related to diversity, mental illness, and marginalized populations
- Supervisory experience
- Program planning and evaluation
- Experience working with and facilitating group discussions (groups dynamics)
- Interest in and familiarity with the Latino community
- Commitment to service as a personal value
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Well organized and attentive to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to interact with individuals in a diverse environment
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness
- Receptive to constructive feedback
- Computer skills (Word, Publisher, Excel, ACCESS)
- Willing to learn and be flexible
- Ability to read, write and speak English and Spanish fluently
Salary is commensurate with experience
Those interested and who meet the qualifications please submit resume to:
To submit an announcement for listing on The Alliance site, fill out this
All announcements, events, jobs, and volunteer opportunities will be compiled in a weekly email digest. To ensure timely delivery of your announcement, please submit it by Tuesday of each week.
For more information, our editorial policy, or other questions, please contact the
Web Manager at
by phone at