The Alliance is one of the six NYS DOH-designated Regional Centers in the state serving NYC communities. As a NYS DOH designated Regional Center, the Alliance piloted the Alliance for Sexual Assault Prevention Program (ASAP Program) – a multi-county primary prevention initiative that implements community change strategies with individual and relationship-level engagement to mobilize youth and influential adults in their lives. The focus is on marginalized and underserved communities in NYC that are at high risk of sexual assault. The Assistant Program Manager/ Sr. Prevention Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination of prevention activities under the NYC Regional Prevention Center – Alliance for Sexual Assault Prevention (ASAP) Program. In this role, the Assistant Program Manager/ Sr. Prevention Coordinator will manage the day-to-day program administration and facilitate communication between and among the subcontracting partners, consultants and the Alliance in order to ensure that ASAP’s program goals and objectives are met. Additionally, s/he will be responsible for managing all training, and outreach components of the ASAP program.
- Coordinate all prevention activities under the Alliance for Sexual Assault Prevention (ASAP) program and ensure timely completion of program activities.
- Co-lead ASAP’s nightlife sexual violence prevention effort with partner agencies to ensure prevention activities outlined as part of the workplan are timely delivered.
- Coordinate all components of the Alliance’s Project DOT activities including facilitating workshop, managing campaign roll out and synchronized community mobilization activities. Additionally manage youth recruitment and engagement, relationship building with partner agencies as well as assisting with campaign evaluation.
- Coordinate ASAP and Project DOT program evaluation activities including collecting and compiling evaluation data from all subcontracting partner organizations, conducting focus groups and when necessary, generating summary reports in collaboration with partners
- Facilitate communication among ASAP program partners, work closely with partners to ensure timely completion of deliverables and organize/ lead ongoing coalition/ partnership meetings.
- Work with NYC campuses to coordinate prevention activities and outreach.
- Work with program director to manage contractors/consultants and monitor their programming and deliverables on all prevention related grants.
- Work collaboratively with program staff and consultants to ensure seamless program implementation.
- Represent the Alliance at various prevention events, citywide coalitions and task forces.
- Prepare quarterly grant reports; and assist with preparing grant proposal.
- Supervise prevention interns/ volunteers as necessary.
- Assist with other program activities as needed; and collaborate with Alliance staff on shared program goals.
- Masters level education in public health, sociology, gender studies, or related field. (Bachelor level education will be considered in lieu of additional 2-3 years of experience in the field)
- Professional experience (Minimum 3 years for Sr. Coordinator position; and 5 years for Assistant Manager position required) working in the fields of public health, social justice, survivor advocacy and/or community organizing required.
- Demonstrable experience in handling multiple stakeholders and partners to ensure timely project deliverable strongly desired.
- Prior experience developing and implementing intimate partner/ sexual violence prevention programs including coalition building and community mobilizations preferred.
- Demonstrable skills in program design, implementation and project management ; as well as ability to advance programs from planning to execution strongly desired.
- Experience and knowledge in evaluation tools and data collection methods desired.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Prior experience presenting and/or training on best practices in sexual violence prevention, social justice or public health at conferences and workshops.
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team in a flexible, evolving environment.
- Sensitivity to the impact of sexual violence in diverse and marginalized communities and the ability to articulate these concerns to various stakeholders in a sensitive and respectful manner.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced multi-racial environment, and commitment to social justice practice.
Minimum education required:
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume as a single word or pdf document to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Prevention Coordinator.
Due to the large volume of responses we receive, the Alliance is not able to provide candidacy status on an individual basis. Position open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
The Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, disability or gender identity. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.