The Alliance has compiled
a number of resources
available for survivors,
their friends and families,
assisting survivors in
New York City.
Resource Guide: North Central Bronx Hospital : Sexual Assault Treatment Program
3424 Kossuth Avenue
Save to address book
Spanish, Language Bank Available
M-F 9-5 ER24/7
Survivors of rape / sexual assault within the Bronx including males and females:
- all ages 15+.
- non-offending parents.
- undocumented immigrants.
- significant others.
- gay, lesbian, transgender or questioning
Fees for services:
Services are Free.
- 24-hour 7 day a week coverage in the Emergency Department. Social workers available 9-5 PM and rape crisis counselors available on-call evenings and weekends
- Medical / forensic examination including HIV prophylaxis and pregnancy prevention by sexual assault examiners
- Psychiatric evaluations, as needed
- Rape crisis advocacy
- Criminal Justive advocacy
- Short-term individual and long-term individual
- Short-term group counseling as scheduled
- Telephone counseling for anonymous patients through Safe Horizons.
- Information and referral services to community resources.
- Consultation and training.
Educational / Training Services
- Community education.
- Professional trainings with D.A. Office
- Criminal justice trainings: trauma training for law enforcement.
- Sexual Assault Treatment Program Advocates.
- Emergency Department Rape Crisis Counselors.
- General office opportunities
- Women's resource center
- Please Contact Rutie Havazelet at 718 519-9788
- Adolescents can receive medical / counseling services from the ages of 16+ without parental consent.
- Liaison services with the Bronx DA's Office and local law enforcement agencies
- We respect client confidentiality.