The Alliance has compiled
a number of resources
available for survivors,
their friends and families,
assisting survivors in
New York City.
Resource Guide: Bellevue Hospital Center **Services modified due to Hurricane Sandy** : Sexual Assault Response Team SAFE Center
462 First Avenue
CD Building, Ground Floor #GA74
Save to address book
Interpretation Available for most Languages
M-F 9-5, by appt / walk-in
- The Victim’s Services Program can be reached through two telephone numbers: (212)-562-3435 or (212) 562-3755
- Current clients with non-urgent issues can call either number. Messages are being checked daily and calls will be returned.
- Current clients with urgent issues should call the Safe Horizon Rape, Sexual Assault and Incest Hotline at 212.227.3000
- Non-clients can leave messages if non-urgent. If urgent, they should call Safe Horizon Hotline (listed above).
Adult survivors of rape, sexual assault sexual abuse ages 13 and over including:
- males, females, transgender
- undocumented immigrants.
- relatives and significant others.
Fees for services:
Services provided regardless of ability to pay. Some services billed as indicated below*. CVB / FRE compensation utilized when applicable; insurances accepted; sliding fee scale available.
- 24-hour 7 day a week rape crisis counselors in the Emergency Department.
- Medical / forensic examination* including HIV prophylaxis, emergency contraception, STD prophylaxis and date rape drug testing.
- Psychiatric evaluations*, if needed.
- Criminal justice advocacy.
- Other types of advocacy, as needed.
- Short-term individual.
- Long-term individual.
- Telephone counseling.
- Information and referral services.
Educational / Training Services
- Community education.
- Police sensitivity trainings.
- Professional trainings.
- Emergency Department Social Work (24 hours) (212) 562-4730
- Interpreters for other languages available.
- Services provided regardless of ability to pay.
- Please call 212 562-6073 for Ages 17 and under.