The Alliance has compiled
a number of resources
available for survivors,
their friends and families,
assisting survivors in
New York City.
Resource Guide: Beth Israel Medical Center : Rape Crisis & Domestic Violence Intervention Program
Dept. of Social Work
317 E 17th St.
Save to address book
M-F 9-5, by appt.
Survivors of sexual assault / abuse, sexual harassment, incest, domestic violence including:
- all ages 13+.
- non-offending parents.
- males / females.
Fees for services:
Some services as indicated below*. Insurance is billed or CVB reimbursement is utilized when applicable.
- 24-hour 7 day a week rape crisis counselors in the Emergency Department.
- Medical / forensic examination* including HIV prophylaxis, date rape drug testing, and pregnancy prevention.
- Trained sexual assault examiners on site.
- Psychiatric evaluations.
- Criminal justice advocacy.
- Short-term individual.
- Long-term individual.
- Group counseling for survivors of rape / sexual assault and adults sexual abused as children as scheduled.
- Telephone counseling.
- Information and referral services.
Educational / Training Services
- Community education.
- Professional trainings.
- Police sensitivity trainings.
- Emergency Department Rape Crisis Counselors.
- Emergency Department Domestic Violence Counselors.
- Adolescents (ages 13+) can receive counseling services and medical services without parental consent.
- All counseling free of charge.
- We respect client confidentiality.