The Alliance has compiled
a number of resources
available for survivors,
their friends and families,
assisting survivors in
New York City.
Resource Guide: SAVI : Mount Sinai Sexual Assault and Violence Intervention Program
1 Gustave Levy Place, Box 1670
Save to address book
M-F 9-5, by appt/eve
Survivors of rape / sexual assault, sexual harassment, child sexual abuse, domestic violence and incest, including:
- undocumented immigrants.
- significant others.
- non-offending parents.
Fees for services:
Some services as indicated below*. Insurance is billed, CVB reimbursement is utilized when applicable or fee is waived.
- 24-hour 7 day a week rape crisis counselors in the Emergency Department.
- Medical / forensic examination* including HIV prophylaxis, date rape drug testing, and pregnancy prevention.
- Psychiatric evaluations.
- Criminal justice advocacy.
- Other types of advocacy.
- Short-term individual.
- Long-term individual.
- Short-term group counseling as scheduled and an ongoing sexual harassment group.
- Telephone counseling.
- Information and referral services to all populations.
Educational / Training Services
- Community education.
- Police sensitivity trainings.
- Professional trainings.
- Emergency Department Rape Crisis Counselors.
- General office opportunities.
- Speakers Bureau training.
- Adolescents can receive medical / counseling services from the ages of 12+ without parental consent.
- Male counselors are available.
- This program also provides rape crisis counselors 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to the following medical centers:
- -- Cabrini Medical Center, 227 E 19th St. NYC 10003.
- -- Lenox Hill, 100 E 77th St. NYC 10021.
- -- North General, 1879 Madison Ave. NYC 10035.
- -- Metropolitan, 1901 1st Ave. NYC 10029.
- -- Harlem Hospital, 506 Lenox Ave. NYC 10037.